Sunday, April 26, 2009

CHICKEN QUESADILLAS


Cheese. And Mexican tortillas.
Maybe Mexicans will say that these Quesadillas are not Mexican. Maybe they are Tex-Mex. I think that is not important. What it is important is the food, and the influence. I have never been to Mexico, unfortunately. I will definitely go in the future. And then I will taste real Mexican food. But by now, I will keep on enjoying recipes like this. I will show you how I make my Chicken Quesadillas. They are tasty and easy to make. I am sure you will enjoy them.

Ingredients:

Some vegetable oil
Some salt
½ small chopped onion
½ cup cubed squash
¼ cup chopped green pepper
¼ cup frozen corn
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
½ chopped tomato
1 chopped Arbol Chili
1 chicken breast
1 teaspoon cumin
1 tablespoon cilantro
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Juice of ½ lime
Shredded Monterey Jack cheese
4 flour wheat tortillas
Some guacamole
Some sour cream

We will prepare all the ingredients first. Cut the chicken in little pieces, the way you like it. Prepare the vegetables too. And then, heat some oil in a frying pan and sauté the onion, squash and green pepper first. Then we will add the chicken and the salt. Let it cook for a couple of minutes and then add the corn, the garlic and the chilli. Keep on cooking for a while. When the chicken is a bit done, we can add the tomato, the cumin and the black pepper. Once this is ready, we will add some cilantro and some lime juice. The next step will be to grill the tortillas. For this, I like to use a grill pan. The way I make it, you can cook two Quesadillas at the same time. First I put a tortilla on the grill pan. Then I fill it with the mixture we have cooked. We add some cheese, some guacamole and some sour cream. We fold the tortilla and repeat the same thing with the other tortilla. Then we will have two folded tortillas on the grill pan. We will heat them on one side and with the help of a wooden spatula we will turn them over so that both sides turn a bit brown. And they are ready. You can make your own Quesadillas very easily. You can choose your favourite ingredients. Now enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment