Tuesday, February 2, 2010

BULGOGI


We will fly to Korea today. We will cook Bulgogi, a delicious Korean recipe. We will make a beef Bulgogi and I will use sirloin steak to make it. This is a wonderful recipe that combines different flavours. I like Korean food. I have not tried it much, but I like all the dishes I have tried. Today I will cook my humble Bulgogi.

Ingredients:

1 pound sirloin steak
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
2 chopped green onions
1 teaspoon sesame seed
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon vinegar
¾ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
¾ teaspoon sugar
¼ teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon vegetable oil

The first thing will be to prepare the meat. We should use a meat mallet to try to get a thin steak. Once we have our steak ready, we will cut it in little pieces.
Now we will prepare the marinade. In a container we will mix the garlic, the ginger, the chopped green onions, the sesame seeds, the soy sauce, the vinegar, the black pepper, the sugar, the sesame oil and the vegetable oil. Then we will add the meat and mix everything well. We will cover the container and let it marinate in the fridge for some hours. Four hours will be enough.
And now we will start grilling our Bulgogi. We will take the meat and put it in a grill pan. Of course the pan must be hot. We will add some marinade to the pan to help the meat to be cooked. In the end the marinade will be absorbed by the meat. When it is done and tender, we will serve it with some white rice previously cooked and some cucumber kimchi.
You can also cook the whole steak first and then, once it is done, cut it in thin pieces. I prefer cooking my Bulgogi in the way I have described.
Now, enjoy your Bulgogi!

No comments:

Post a Comment