Friday, February 12, 2010

HAMBURGER BUNS


Today I will make my own Hamburger Buns. And I will make them because I do not like the usual industrial bread made to serve with your hamburgers. The good thing about making your own bread is that you can make it the way you like it. You can choose flours. You can make it soft or crispy. You decide. Let me start.

Ingredients:

1 cup and 1 tablespoon water
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup bread flour
1 cup unbleached all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons yeast
Some sesame seeds

Ingredients:

It is not difficult to make your own Hamburger Buns. I know that it is easier to get them in a store but if you have some time and you like to try doing new things, this could be your thing. If you have a bread machine, it will not be that hard. I will use my bread machine.
Let’s start. First I will put the water. Then I will add the oil, the sugar and the salt. Now I will add the flour. If I use different kinds of flour, and this is the case, what I usually do is mixing all the flour before I put it in the bread machine. Once I have added the flour, I will add the yeast. Now, following the machine’s directions, we will let the bread machine knead the dough. When the dough cycle of the machine is over, we will leave the dough in the machine for sixty minutes. Then we will remove it from the machine and let it rest outside the machine, in a warm place, for thirty more minutes. Now we will make our Hamburger Buns. We will make six buns. Sprinkle some sesame seeds on the buns. We will have the oven preheated to 400ºF. When I bake my buns, I normally keep them in the oven for about 20 minutes. When they are done, I remove them from the oven. They are ready for your burgers. Enjoy your burgers made with your own Hamburger Buns!

No comments:

Post a Comment