Wednesday, February 25, 2009

CHEESEBURGERS



Can I show you something about making burgers? I am sure I can’t. Nonetheless I will show you here how I make my own cheeseburgers.
I like to make them using ground or chuck beef. The quality of the meat will be very important, of course. And good cheese, I like it sharp.

Ingredients:

½ lb ground or chuck beef, enough for two burgers
3 slices sharp cheddar cheese
Some sliced onion
Some lettuce
2 tomato slices
Some dill pickle, sliced
Salt and pepper
2 hamburger buns

Divide the meat in two. Cut a slice of cheese in half and fill each portion of meat with that cheese. That will make really creamy burgers. I put the two burgers on a pan and cook them without any oil as the meat has its own fat already. With the help of a spatula I turn them over several times so that the meat is cooked well. Get ready the rest of the ingredients and once the meat is done you can put them in the buns. Then, on top of the burger you put the rest of the ingredients: onion, lettuce, tomato, pickle and a bit of salt and pepper.
Of course, you can have your own variations. If you like it, you can add some bacon, for example.
And finally, you know, ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise… The sauce(s) you like, if any. Serve with some fries or chips. It is up to you. Happy burger!

No comments:

Post a Comment